IT Helpdesk Technician
AOR is one of Canada’s fastest growing Nutraceutical health supplement organizations. Our market leading premium products are manufactured and distributed primarily to specialty retailers throughout Canada and the United States. Headquartered in Calgary, AOR is in search of an Junior IT Technician to assist it’s employees with IT related inquires and issues while also supporting the IT Manager with other tasks as required.
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests related to IT issues
- Maintain computer systems and act as support for system issues
- Responsible for PC’s, printers, servers and related equipment (monitors, keyboard etc.)
- Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Keep inventory of all equipment, software and license users
- Install, configure and upgrade PC software.
- Network monitoring and cabling
- Be the first responder for security incidents
- Monitoring of server, storage, datacenter. security and network
- Assist the IT Manager with any other additional tasks as required.
- Experience with hardware: workstations, laptops, printers, IP phones, IP TV’s, tablets, mobile phones, UPS Biometrics TNA system.
- OS Proficiency – Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS is a plus
- Software – MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc), VOIP Communicator
- Protocols – Must have an understanding and practical knowledge of applying TCP/IP (IPv4 Subnetting and Supernetting), ICMP, DNS, DHCP, and SMTP protocols.(Shoretel), Antivirus / Antimalware, Web Browsers
- Certifications / Experience – COMPTIA A+ certification and ITILv3 or ITIL-f certification is desired. 2 years and up of IT support experience required.